Based on a proprietary DSP mix platform, the CDC four is a fully featured digital console with the look, feel and simplicity of using an analogue console. The CDC four brings Cadac sound and build quality to the compact digital console market providing a high-quality solution for all applications and budgets.
CDC four features 16 fully motorised channel faders, high resolution TFT colour display and fully recallable scene memory. Cadac’s signature sound quality is achieved by using specially developed ultra-low distortion EQ filters, true analogue sounding compressors, 96 kHz 24-bit Delta Sigma AD/DA converters and fourth generation, 32/40-bit floating point SHARC processors.
CDC four performs equally well in recording applications as it does in its primary function as a live sound console. It also has the advantage of being rack mountable making it ideal for situations requiring up to 56 channels in 14U of rack space.
Multitrack recording is achieved with an optional MC MADI interface, while input channels can be increased for live applications with the addition of a MegaCOMMS stagebox, which provides an additional 32 inputs and the 16 outputs up to 150 metres (492ft) away on stage. Both these units can be connected to the CDC four by specifiing the optional CDC MegaCOMMS card.
With Cadac’s iPad App,TabMix, there is the ability to control the major features of the console remotely, making both sound check and show time easier as it frees the console operator from the confines of the mixer’s location. TabMix is available as a free download from the Apple App Store.
- 7” TFT high resolution colour display
- All channel functions have their own dedicated encoder for quick access
- 16 motorised high quality 100mm faders
- Includes 19” rack mounting kit (14U)
- Internal switch mode power supply
- Up to 56 Channels of Cadac quality sound
- 24 channels (16 mic / 8 stereo) on board
- iPad remote control wirh TabMix
- 32 channel expansion using the CDC I/O 3216 stage rack
- 8 aux busses, 2 FX busses and 4 subgroups
- 8 VCA groups
- 6 stereo effects with 96 kHz processing
- 2 dedicated stereo returns for FX processors
- 96 kHz 24-bit Delta Sigma AD/DA converters
- 4th generation 32/40-bit floating point SHARC processors
- Automatic latency management
- Comprehensive LED metering
- Built in oscillator/noise generator
- Talkback with dedicated talk button
- High quality headphone amplifier
- Solo, PFL/AFL and Solo in Place, with multiple configuration options
- Channel and output muting