CDC-EIGHT - 16
CDC eight is Cadac’s flagship digital live sound console. Designed specifically for the highly demanding worlds of concert touring and fixed installation, Cadac has taken a highly innovative approach to the user interface. Gone are the multiple strips of restrictive fixed physical controls found on conventional analogue and a majority of digital consoles. These are replaced with an intuitive “high agility” user interface accessed by 24 inch touch screens. The console has been designed to be far less menu dependent than other digital consoles resulting in a fast, logical workflow. The CDC eight really is exceptionally smart, nimble and intelligent in operation without the compromises dictated by more hardware-centric designs.
The combination of the exceptional user interface with legendary Cadac mic-pre’s, and state-of-the art DSP and FPGA processing technology, makes the CDC eight a unique proposition for those who do not want to be faced with audio or creative compromises.
The most striking feature of the CDC eight are the 24 inch 16:10 high definition LCD touch screens, surrounded by digital encoders, which display the clean and logical graphical user interface.
This arrangement naturally leads to an instinctive use of contemporary touch and traditional encoders to access the features on the console. First time users will soon find themselves navigating the features by using gestures familiar to those for navigating a tablet device, with very little formal training.
An additional centrally-located 6 inch LCD touch screen provides quick access to the advanced system controls and automation functions.
The CDC eight-16 has a single screen and 16 faders but has identical capacity and capability as the larger dual screen and 32 fader CDC eight-32. It has been designed for applications where space is at a premium or a second screen and bank of faders are not required. However the surface can be expanded when required with the addition of a single screen 16 fader CDC eight-16S side car.
The CDC eight-16 is housed in a beautifully engineered, road ready chassis, complete with milled aluminium side cheeks and classical“warm to the touch” wooden arm rest.
The high precision motorised 100mm input faders have a reassuring feel and follow the scrolling of the inputs on the screen, ensuring full control at all time of any combination of inputs displayed on the screen.
- Two frame sizes: dual screen, 32 fader or single screen, 16 fader
- Single screen 16 fader extender
- 24” high definition anti-glare touch screens
- Intuitive, clear graphical user interface
- Proprietary DSP mix platform
- 32/40 bit floating point SHARC processors
- 6” LCD touch screen for system control
- 100mm accurate, quiet motorised faders
- Classic Cadac mic-pres
- Sub-0.4 millisecond latency from analogue inputs on stage to analogue outputs on stage
- Library of multiple languages for console labelling
- 128 input channels
- 4 band fully parametric EQ
- Extensive dynamics
- 48 output busses
- Assignable busses - Group, Stereo Group, Aux, Stereo Aux or Matrix
- 16 VCA groups
- 8 Mute groups
- On board effects
- 31 band graphic equaliser on all outputs
- Compressor limiter on all outputs
- Output delays
- Snapshot automation